Two weeks complete! We had so much fun last week, but we missed our friends who were sick. Hopefully, everyone will be back for Week 3. We are thankful for Ms. Paula and Ms. Leslie for stepping up for our St. Benedict’s class last week.
1. Mass at 8:30am at St. Mary’s of the Pines on Thursday.
2. Ms. Paula will not be here this week, but we will still work on our Mary song. Please let your children know of the change.
3. Presentations for this week: Leighton Family, Hayes Family, Malamma Family.
4. First field trip is on September 27 (Thursday) at Walter B. Jacobs from 10-12. We will go on nature walks and discuss plants, flowers, etc. This is a free optional field trip, but please let Katie or Amy know if you are coming or if you have friends who would like to join us. Bring bug spray!
5. Destination Imagination training was amazing! https://youtu.be/dntLYGIXAdU I’m excited for our scholars to start this fun group. We will most likely meet on Thursday afternoons for a few months. There’s a Super Saturday practice tournament in Bossier City on January 26 just for instant challenges. Our state competition is February 23 in Bossier City. We may meet more frequently as we get closer to the state competition. I also need another team manager. We have 2 registered teams (pre-K through 2nd grade) and (3rd-5th grade). This program is very student directed. Team managers facilitate and help run meetings. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed if you volunteer to help.
6. Virtue this week: Self-Control Suggested Scripture for our virtue: 2 Timothy 1:6-7, Philippians 3:13-14, Sirach 11:8, Ephesians 4:29-32, Proverbs 25:28, and Galatians 5:22-23.
7. We are family in CSH. If you see someone else’s child not using self-control and reverence in the sanctuary for our morning time, please don’t hesitate to redirect them or hold their hand. We are working on different strategies to regain the atmosphere of prayer and respect, but we need everyone’s help.
Week 3: This is the halfway point of Quarter 1! Wow! Our history sentence is all about dynasties in China. In our timeline, we go all the way from the Minoans, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and the Shang Dynasty. For older students, they can map Abraham’s journey with this map:
In Latin, we finish up with the first conjugation of “to love”. In Religion, Moses is still our key figure and then how we should assist at Mass is discussed. Ms. Amy will be helping scholars paint their frescos from last week. Scholars who were not here last week will still be doing some fun painting. We get to “dissect” flowers in Science. We’ll be using our microscopes as well. So much fun! There’s a “Magic School Bus” episode (Season 3, episode 10) on plants for younger scholars. Skip counting goes up to 6’s and 7’s this week. Get those little bodies moving with jumping jacks as they recite the numbers. This is our last week of general terms in geography. If you have a map of the world, have your kids find examples of each term (island, lake, isthmus, strait, peninsula, and bay). To finish up, language arts discusses possessive nouns.
See you Thursday!