Can you believe we only have 1 quarter left of the year after this week?!? Week 17 was a good one. We had fun in science learning about the skeletal system. We were all glad to have Amy back for Art! We missed Mrs. Genevieve and Daniel this week, but hopefully everyone will be well for week 18.
Week 18: This is James’ favorite week because he loves history and is fascinated with events in World War II. Rounding out our timeline is Franklin D. Roosevelt, Pearl Harbor, the Manhattan Project, and the United Nations formation. Our history song is also about World War II. This is the week to watch “The Sound of Music” Voltz girls! Maybe Caroline will act some of the movie out for us on Thursday. Art should be interesting this week. They will be doing an impressionist painting like Mary Cassatt. In Science, we’ll look at how digestion works and learn some of the parts of the digestive system. The Magic Schoolbus on Netflix has an episode about digestion (Season 1, Episode 2). In Latin, we finish our blessing before meals. Homonyms are the topic in Language Arts. The distributive property is memorized in Math. Rocky Mountain features such as Pike’s Peak and the Colorado River are the Geography terms this week. In Religion, we learn about the 4 marks of the Church. Such a rich week of information!
Nursery update: Rose Fiallos has agreed to help us out. Amy knows her well and I’m sure she will be a great addition to our group.
1. March 2, 2018 (Friday): Godspell Jr. (More info. coming)
2. March 2, 2018 (Friday): civil war reenactment event (more info coming)
3. March 16, 2018 (Friday): Shreveport Metropolitan Ballet presents “The Three Little Pigs” and “Little Red Riding Hood” Time to be announced soon.
Upcoming homeschool conferences:
1. Great Homeschooling Convention March 15-17 Fort Worth, TX
2. Immaculate Heart of Mary Conference April 13 Lafayette, LA
3. Immaculate Heart of Mary Conference April 20 Covington, LA
4. Immaculate Heart of Mary Conference July 6-7 Grapevine, TX
Early Family Registration for next year: February 1- March 15 ($65/family)